Moving is stressful. That’s why you want to make sure you choose a mover with a great reputation, years of experience and all the professional services you need. One of the most important of all those services is providing a fair price quote.
Why Is A Written Mover Price Quote Important?
Unfortunately, many shady businesses have entered the moving industry. Some will fleece customers by not providing a fair price quote. Or, they will provide one quote, but then ask for more money once they get all your personal items loaded in their truck.
That’s something everyone wants to avoid. That’s why the first step in getting a good price quote is to do research on the company.
What To Look For In a Moving Company
As you narrow your search for a moving company, you want to look for things such as:
- High name recognition in your area
- Official mover status with local organizations
- Licensing that is clearly displayed on their website
- Years of experience in your area
- The ability to handle your kind of move, whether it’s a big house, small apartment or business
- All the professional services you need, including packing services, packing materials and storage facilities
- 24/7 customer service
All the above indicates that a company has a good reputation in the area and has been used by thousands of other movers before you. That means they will be fair when it comes to price quotes.
How Good Greek Moving & Storage Handles Price Quotes
Good Greek Moving & Storage takes a transparent approach to giving people the best price quote.
It starts with an in-person visit from a professional who will assess the number of items you need moved. They then will provide a written estimate if the amount of items does not change.
This gives consumers an enormous piece of mind. It also takes some of the stress out of planning for the cost of your move.
Tips To Get the Best Price Quote
Consumers should keep several issues in mind when it comes to getting the best price quote. All can significantly impact the cost of your move.
- Shop Around. Make sure to compare different movers in your area and find the one that has all the attributes of a reputable mover, plus all the services you require.
- Downsize. One of the biggest cost savers is to thin out your belongings. Set aside time to go through all your stuff and find items that you no longer need. Plan to have a garage sale or give items away to your favorite charity (or favorite family members!).
- Book early. Book the date as early as possible to save costs. Also, make sure your new location is ready for your move in, so that you won’t have to spend extra money on storage.
Getting the best price quote starts with you. But it also involves finding a professional mover with a reputation for providing fair pricing and efficient service. Take the time to research and find a mover who will work with you on making your move as economical as possible.